Trentham Leisure Ltd is a company involved in leisure, retail and tourism and is the data controller. Trentham Leisure Ltd is a group company of St. Modwen Properties Ltd.
1.2 Why do we need your personal information?
In order to provide a service to you we need to use and share your personal information.
We will process your personal information:
- prior to entering into a contractual agreement with you or
- to perform an existing contractual arrangement or
- to meet our legitimate business interests or
- where it is needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Specifically, we process your information:
- to improve our products and services, such as event ticketing
- for internal record keeping
- for handling and responding to enquiries
- for customer and user administration, sales, and marketing
- to identify members for offers and member discounts
- to issue, process and administer tickets and photo ID cards
- to process payments and refunds
- to conduct research and analysis about our business
- to maintain business relationships
- to inform you about our services, products, news and changes to our opening hours, through our newsletter
- to meet our legal obligations (e.g. health & safety, tax, or accounting).
If you have opted in, we will periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS or mail depending on the preferences you have set. We may use the information to customise our interactions with you, according to your interests.
No automated decision-making is conducted on your personal data.
We will inform you where we need your consent to process your personal information.
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties outside of this privacy notice, unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
1.3 How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect personal information directly from you, either on our website, in email, on the phone or in person at the Trentham Estate when you:
- register for our newsletter
- set up or modify your account
- make a purchase (such as a day ticket or annual ticket for Trentham Gardens, or an event ticket)
- complete a ‘contact us’ or enquiry form on our website
- submit comments, questions or reviews in email, or by writing to us
We will collect:
- basic contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address)
- payment details, such as debit/credit card or bank details for direct debits
- personal photo IDs
- date of birth (when setting up an account)
- details of previous visits to the Trentham Estate
- information about your transactions with us
- records of written communications between us
- CCTV images if you attend our premises where we use CCTV recording
- dietary or accessibility requirements only where required
- any other information that you may provide.
We may also collect your Personal Information from third parties, for example:
- From social media with your consent such as Facebook or Instagram.
- IP address (number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet)
- type of device you access the website from
- type of Internet browser software used
- the website from which you visited us
- the Trentham Leisure Ltd website pages that you visit and
- date and duration of your visit to our website.
1.4 Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Sometimes we need to share your information with third parties for the following reasons:
- with our website hosting provider (The Positive Internet Company Limited)
- with our website provider (Red2Design Ltd) – to improve our website functionality and performance
- with our website provider (Honey Creative Ltd) – to improve our website functionality and performance
- with our payment providers (First Data Europe Ltd and London & Zurich) – to process direct debit payments, purchases, and refunds
- with our customer relationship system and ticketing provider (Green 4 Solutions Ltd) – for system management, administration, and improvements
- with our email provider (Shine Internet Ltd) – to send emails
- with caterers or officiants if requested as part of our Weddings at Trentham Service.
We may also share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal information in the same way as set out in this policy.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
1.5 How long will we keep your Personal Information for?
We won’t retain your personal information for longer than necessary; we’ll establish this by considering legal requirements and guidance on the relevant best practice. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was obtained. Should we need to use your personal information for any other purpose we will take appropriate steps to notify you in advance of the change. Where you have given us your specific and informed consent to use your data, we will stop processing your data when you ask us to stop.
1.6 Where will your Personal Information be Processed?
Unless otherwise listed below your personal information will be processed by Trentham Leisure Ltd in the United Kingdom subject to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable information protection laws and regulations.
- Google Analytics may process your personal information relating to the use of our website in the United States
- First Data Europe Ltd may process payment data within the EEU
- London & Zurich Ltd may process data related to your direct debit payment outside of the EEU including Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or the US.
1.7 Links to other websites
1.8 How is your Personal Information secured?
We have technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, misuse, loss or destruction including:
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information
- never asking you for your passwords
- advising you never to enter any unique identifiers such as account numbers or passwords into an email or after following a link from an email
- not disclosing your personal information to unauthorised parties
- ensuring access by authorised parties is only on a need-to-know basis
- ensuring third parties who assist us comply with applicable data protection laws; and
- specific clauses in contracts that legally oblige third parties to protect your personal information to required standards.
1.9 What rights do you have?
Under data protection legislation you have rights regarding how your personal information is collected, used and shared. You have the right to access or obtain a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you, or to review, modify, delete, or to request that we stop processing such personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the ICO website here https://ico.org.uk/
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
1.10 How do you control what your Personal Information is used for?
If you’d like to stop receiving news and offers, or promotional information about 3rd parties from us, you can do so in the following ways:
- whenever you complete a ‘Register for our newsletter’ or ‘Set up your account’ form on our website, you will be asked to indicate if you would like to receive direct marketing such as offers and news
- by updating your account information on the “my account” function on the ticket website
- whenever you receive an email from us you can click the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email
- if you have previously agreed to us sending you offers, news or promotional information about third parties you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.11 Contact Us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, or if you want to exercise any of your rights under data protection legislation you can contact the St. Modwen Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) by post or email using the details below:
Group Data Protection Officer
St. Modwen Properties Limited
17 High Street
Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customers against fraudulent requests.
1.12 Policy Changes